2016 Digital art journal : Be unique

When I started to work, many many years ago, I worked for a software development company. I was surrounded by colleagues wearing dark suits and dark ties. This was not really my style. I was used to wear more colorful clothes. As an example I could wear a red bow tie, red braces and a blue jean. I was feeling a bit "different" but it was ok for me. Until the day my boss explained me that we were not "at a fashion show" and asked me to wear clothes that matched more the ones of my colleagues... I guess this journal page is a souvenir from this period.



4 commentaires:

  1. Cela me fait penser aux Hommes en gris du roman Momo, de Michael Ende...

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Interesting story... did you change your wardrobe, or change jobs?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Well I found a compromise. I did not go for the suit and tie but I selected darker colors. But somehow I learned through this episode that this is not always easy to be yourself at work.

      Supprimer
    2. Ah. Funny, if there's one city I would have thought it would be OK to be a bit more fashionable it would be Paris!

      Supprimer