August exchange

Well, I have been late this month to participate to the exchange organized by Jean and Jan, I sent my envelopes on the very last day of August. The reason is that it took me much more time than I had expected to realize the four envelopes. I had decided to surf on the wave of “coloring” which is very trendy these days. And I wanted to do something like what we call in French a “lettrine”, i.e. an illustrated initial (I have no idea how it is called in English). I found some nice coloring pages picturing all letters of the alphabet. I hesitated a lot between printing them and coloring them with my Copic markers, or coloring them digitally. I finally chose the digital solution, but it was much longer that what I thought. I intended to do something more sophisticated, with shading, but finally I did a simple coloring due to lack of time. Anyway here are the four envelopes I sent.





5 commentaires:

  1. I didn't know what the name was in English, so I looked it up - they are called Initials. And I bet this took a lot of patience to color in digitally - the results are great.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. So it is simply called Initials. Thank you for the information. I did not count but it took me more than one hour per envelope...

      Supprimer
    2. So it is simply called Initials. Thank you for the information. I did not count but it took me more than one hour per envelope...

      Supprimer