My tracking tools

We are Sunday and I decided to share something different, today. Since many years now, I do receive a lot of mail. First because I was a philatelist and I would receive mail from all over the world, and then because I’m into mail art. There are days when my mail box stays empty but they are quite rare. As a counterpart, I also send a lot of mail.Few years ago I decided that it would be good to track the mail that I receive and I send. I started to do that without method but finally I very quickly focus on writing down everything, everyday, in a notebook. I tried several types of notebooks and finally I opted for a pocket size one as it is easy to carry with me. I recently selected the Field Notes brand that I rather like. And just for the fun, I decided to embellish my notebook a bit. So here is the one I’m currently using to record my mail, received and sent.



But I also found out that I needed to track my blog update. Many of the posts of this blog are written in advance and are scheduled to be published automatically. I needed to track the list of posts to come to make sure I did not forget to publish any item on my blog. For this I decided to use also a notebook. This time I use one of the Word Notebooks with their specific “bullet” list format. And again I embellished it a bit.






And last but not least, I need to track the tasks to be done for my mail art activity. Again I selected a Word Notebook for that and made some collage as for the others.



I know what you think. How does it come that a computer geek like me, someone who creates 99% of his mail art on computer, still uses notebooks to track ideas and lists. Well I must confess that despite my love for computer I love even more paper. I love writing on paper. I love filling a notebook with endless lists. I love the little pleasure of reaching the “staple day”. I have a notebook addiction I must confess. I have plenty of them at home, from various brands: Field Notes, Word Notebooks, Write Notepads, Calepino and Moleskin… So tracking my life in these notebooks gives me a reason to have them!

What about you? Do you maintain lists also of what you need to do? I would be happy to hear about your own experience and what tools you use for that.

2 commentaires:

  1. I tried to use notebooks for tracking my sent and received mail, as well as the scheduled posts of the blog. But, for some reason, it didn't work. Now I use a spreadsheet. An advantage is that I don't need to carry the notebooks with me when I'm travelling (what happens often!).

    But this doesn't mean that I don't love paper. Actually, I use some notebooks for other purposes...

    I love your post.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Interesting as I have the opposite experience. I started with a spreadsheet in Excel but I regularly forgot to update it. So I started with notebooks and establish a daily routine : I update them every morning while drinking my first coffee of the day 😊. And it seems to work.

      Supprimer