Xmas in March, a new postal misadventure!

Once again I’m very upset by the French post. Phillip sent me a cute Xmas card end of last year, and for any reason it did not reach me and was sent back to him. So Phillip sent it back to me in another envelope and this time I got it.

Here is the first envelope he used. The label from the French post indicates that “despite all the efforts they made (!), they could not distribute this envelope because there is nobody having this name at this address”!!!!! The address is absolutely correct and I live there since, at least, 30 years… I wonder how long they searched before sending it back to Phillip. I mean… how is it possible?




The card that Phillip sent me was very nice. Here is the front. I cannot show you the inside because it is a 3D pop up card, so impossible to scan.



Then Phillip sent it back to me in this black envelope, using the fantastic Oscar de la Rota stamps.



He also used this very nice postcard to tell me the whole story.



The number of letters that do not reach me or that do not reach their destination is increasing over the years. The last year and a half holds the record I think! A very bad trend, which I consider absolutely abnormal when we see the ever-increasing postal rates!

1 commentaire:

  1. A bad trend, yes, however a nice opportunity to send you the new stamps. Also nice to see they were hand cancelled - not a very common thing these days.

    RépondreSupprimer