A bunch of paper bags that I sent

I recently sent a bunch of answers to people who have contributed to my call. As announced I always answer using paper bags myself. If you have contributed and haven’t received an answer yet, be patient. I’m far behind and I need to catch up!

Let’s start by the envelope I sent to Hester as an answer to her first contribution. As promised I took the challenge to create an envelope using the bag she had sent to me. So here it is. I could even make a second one with the same bag, I will send it later to another contributor. (Note: for any reason my scanner decided to produce dark images only…)





And here is a second envelope I sent to Hester as an answer to her second contribution. This time the envelope is made, not really from a paper bag, but from a paper lantern I got in “flow” magazine. It may not be very clear on the scanned image, but it has small holes in it. I hope it did not get torn during the transport…



To answer Eva’s second contribution, I sent her this envelope made from a bag from the company Sephora, which is a perfumes and cosmetics store. Their bags are always black and white so I added a bit of colors with the stamp and part of the souvenir sheet the stamp is coming from.





Another bag for Phillip, this time I used a Body Shop bag. I think I already saw, on his blog, that he used the same bag for one of his contacts. I have tones of similar bags so you will see it some more on my blog, each time I try to play with the “Good thing inside” writing in a different way.




For Louisa I used a bag decorated with vintage news paper prints, I do not remember where I got this one from…



To answer Nancy’s fabulous contribution, I needed a prestigious bag. I used one from the Drugstore Publicis which is a very famous store located on the even more famous avenue, the Champs Elysées. Drugstore Publicis is a place where you can buy food, drinks, books, etc. This is not a cheap place, let’s be honest, so I was quite happy to get one of their bags. There is a story behind this bag. Indeed, I bought some magazines at the drugstore some months ago and got a paper bag to wrap them. I was quite happy because I knew I could use it for an envelope. But when I started to work on it, I made a huge mistake when trying to remove the handles and I ruined the bag. I was so disappointed… So, I gave the mission to Vincent, my boyfriend, to get me another one (he works near the Champs Elysées). I got no news for weeks, and one day, he came back home with a large smile and this bag!




As you can see, I decorated a bit the envelope with my “space” washi tape and I used some related stamps.

To finish this set, something a bit different. This is an envelope I sent to Philippe Charron. I used a bag that was “plain”. And I painted it, just because I wanted to play with my paints. I’m not completely satisfied by the result, but this is a first attempt! The craft paper of the paper bags is to the best to put paint on it, obviously.




8 commentaires:

  1. Wow, Eric, these are all fantastic. Although I don't see Eva's bag?

    And I enjoyed Vincent's 'mission impossible' :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Oops. This is corrected now.

      Supprimer
    2. Wow, that stamp looks fantastic on the black bag. Thanks for updating the post.

      Supprimer
  2. I received lovely paper bag envelope form you yesterday, Eric...Many thanks!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I meant to say how much I appreciate the beautiful bee stamps, they are perfect with the branch of blossoms!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Glad you liked it Carroll. I will post it soon on my blog.

      Supprimer
  4. Eric, the one with the dots arrived in perfect condition & was fun to receive it. Thank you! The bag exchange seems to be going strong, great idea for an exchange

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. J'adore toutes ces jolies créations et l'utilisation du sac kraft cœur d'Hester que je trouvais si joli . La poste nous a bien gâté avec ces blocs de timbres de Chagall et de Marie Laurencin ,j'espère aller voir l'expo "21 rue de la Boétie",il y a un portrait d'Anne Sinclair peint pr Marie Laurencin .

    RépondreSupprimer