Glassine bags

I have a pack of decorated glassine bags from the company Classiky. I do not remember where I got them but I thought they could be used to make envelopes and it could be fun to play with their transparency.

I sent the first one to Christiane Hurel. I don’t know why, but the first time I had a look to these bags, they made me automatically think of Alice in wonderland. So I decided to go with this theme. The rabbit appears through the paper of the bag while I used faux postage stamps to complete the design.



For the second one I wanted to try something different. And I think this is the first time I actually draw something by hand for a mail art! Here the theme is the Little Prince and the envelope was sent to Micu, of course, as she loves the Little Prince. The drawing was done with Sharpie markers. I added one of my favorite quote from the Little Prince: it is the time you wasted on your rose that makes your rose so important.


1 commentaire:

  1. These turned out very lovely. My city has recently erected a small brass statue of Little Prince with a watering can. It is also a fountain (from time to time water comes out of the spout and drops down on the rose below). Very moving...

    RépondreSupprimer